Weight loss is about the food, but food alone will not give you a fit, lean look. That requires losing fat and increasing lean muscle. However, to do both effectively doesn’t have to be tricky. Its a balancing act that requires you to be intentional.
Here are 6 tips that will help you build muscle and burn fat, giving you a toned, fit, and healthy look.
1) Eat the right macros. Macros is just a fancy name for carbs, protein, and fat. Eating enough of the right fuel will provide your body with everything it needs to build muscle. Building calorie burning, energy producing, looking good muscle is the goal.
2) Eat at the right time. That doesn’t mean you have to eat breakfast! In fact it means experimenting with Intermittent Fasting and shortening your feeding window. Imagine having your first meal of the day at 11, 12 or 1 pm!
3). Eat for the right reason. We focus on fueling your body with enough macros throughout the day (with food that you like) for your workouts and your life, vs obsessing over everything you put in your mouth and not eating enough.
4) Lift heavy weights (for you) to develop lean, calorie burning muscle. In order to build muscle you have to lift heavy enough weights for you. When muscles are working hard, you will burn significant calories during your workout, and your body will continue to burn calories for hours after your workout is over. This kind of muscle building will give you a lean and strong body. To do this effectively you need an intentional workout plan. This will also require that your diet includes enough macros.
5) Engage in just enough Fasted Cardio. When combined with a strategic weight training program, cardio done in the fasted state will require your body to reach into its fat stores to start burning fat for energy. In addition, a well-planned fasted cardio workout will not only burn tons of calories during the workout, but will burn calories up to 48 hours after your workout has finished.
6) Maintain the Right Mindset. Building lean muscle while burning fat takes time. Staying off the scale, and notice Non-Scale victories. NSV go a long way in keeping you on track. People who stay positive throughout a fitness program have greater long-term success than those who don’t. In addition to staying positive, the simple act of thinking about what you are grateful for has been shown to decrease cortisol levels by 23%. Cortisol levels plays a significant role in the way your body stores and burns fat. An effective program will have a mindset component added to its nutrition and fitness plan.
If you want build lean muscle, get lean, and burn fat these tips will help. For the past several months I have built the very best program out there to help you. I’ve incorporated all of these things into my Food Freedom Fat Loss Program. My clients have gone through the program and have seen truly amazing results. My Food Freedom Fat Loss Program takes ALL of the guess work out. It provides you with the support and programming you need to be successful. Registration is open for my first Food Freedom Fat Loss Program of the year. My next Food Freedom program begins in February, and slots are already filling up. I am so confident in this program and its ability to help you get lean, that I offer a money back guarantee.
To join me, and the hundreds of other women who have seen success through this program, Sign up here.
Let me know if you would like to chat first 🙂Please select a valid form