I admit, I’m a fairly new convert to Intermittent Fasting, and I will never go back to the way I was before.
For many years I was a breakfast eating, 5 mini meal a day kind of girl. I preached that mindset for the first 18 and a half years of my of my fitness career.
I taught my clients they must eat breakfast with in 45 minutes of waking, followed with mini meals all day. I bragged that I ate at 7am, 10, 1, 4, & 7pm Each meal at about 300 calories, equaling 1500 for the day. Phew! It seemed like all I did was think about food, what I was eating, when my next meal was, and of course how many calories….. Food consumed me
My husband thought I was crazy, and my friends thought it easy for me. You know, being a fitness pro and all… The truth is eating 5 mini meals a day is exhausting! A lot goes into it, and I was sick of it. And, and I was not getting the results I felt I should get because of it. I was often frustrated, rushed, tired, hungry, etc… I was so deeply entrenched in the diet industry, and just believed that it was me, I had to work harder, keep doing, let my body adjust, blah, blah, blah…. WRONG!!
Enter Intermittent Fasting. IF changed all of that. I decided to experiment with it, and was shocked with my results. I dragged a few of my closest friends into a program with me, learned all I could about the science of it, and before I knew it…. we are all experiencing success. Listen, the body is an incredible machine, and knows just how to operate. All we have to do is give it the right stuff so it can do it’s job. Turns out the right stuff is not necessarily constant calories from morning till night.
What is Intermittent fasting? First what it is not…. it is not skipping breakfast in an effort to eat fewer calories. That backfires. Most people who skip meals get so hungry that they eat anything. Eating to eat because you’re starving, often leads to way to many calories that have no real nutritional value and definitely no staying power. FAIL
Intermittent fasting IS a strategically timed eating pattern where you consume all of your calories, in the right macros (carbs, protein, fats) in a shortened feeding window. It’s really rather simple when you think about it. Your body responds because it is being satisfied with enough food. Intermittent fasting is not low calorie, or deprivation. It is quite the opposite. When you lengthen the time span between your last meal of the day and your first the next day, you put your body into a fat burning state. But.. and this is a big but; you have to eat enough!
My clients practice an All Foods Fit approach along with Carb Cycling, and Intermittent Fasting to get the sustainable win.
Like I said the body is an incredible machine, and with the right fuel it will burn fat and preserve muscle. You will have more energy, less sugar cravings, sleep better, get off certain meds, and you will lose fat! Learning to use intermittent fasting is a process. My clients usually get it in about 3 weeks. And once they do, an explosion of FREEOM happens.
My next Food Freedom program begins on June 19. Join here
If you are ready to break free from the diet mindset, and become a great player in winnable game, I’m your coach!
I am thrilled to announce the launch of my FLEX PROGRAM! This program combines the best of my level 1 program (5 day carb cycle), and introduces you level two. Intermittent fasting, advanced workouts, and an IIFYM (if it fits your macros) approach.
We will be focused on fueling our bodies to crush workouts in addition to burning fat effectively. I will educate you regarding how to restructure your metabolic process so your body is a fat burning machine. I will also teach you how to improve satiety, insulin sensitivity, and reset your hormones. This ongoing program will include custom macros for each participant, and adjustments as we go along.
Through this active accountability program you will have the opportunity to win prizes as you become even more efficient at burning fat!
Because we are implementing upper-level strategies through this program, I am only accepting clients who have gone through my bootcamps earlier this year or fellow health coaches and personal trainers. If you are new to counting macros, intermittent fasting, or carb cycling, I will be leading a level 1 program for you beginning October 3.
This highly effective program starts on Monday Oct. 3, 2016
You will learn:
How to restructure your metabolic process so your body burns fat like an incinerator.
How to improve satiety
The importance of flexibility
How to calculate and track your custom macros
The importance of proper fuel and a good attitude
How it works:
Ongoing program kicks off on Oct. 3, and runs through Dec. 18, 2016
You will receive a live 20 minute strategy call with me
You will receive help setting your custom macros
You will be added to an active accountability group
You will be expected to check-in daily
You will have the opportunity for prizes
The cost of this program is $299. If you participated in one of my bootcamps earlier this year, you will receive $100 off this 12 week program. You must have an understanding of carb cycling, intermittent fasting, and IIFYM. If you do not, please join my level 1 program beginning Oct. 3rd. Fellow personal trainers and health coaches are welcome to join. Schedule a Consult NOW
Please use this Paypal link to register now.
I am only accepting 10 clients into this program. Spots will go fast, so be sure to reserve your place today.
In the beginning the reason may be you have a reunion or vacation or a big event, and thats OK. What ever gets the ball rolling serves the purpose. But eventually, as you get stronger and endorphins kick in, and your getting results, your reason can change. And it can help keep you anchored to your goals, and lifelong fitness dreams. I have personally entered contests that offered money to lose weight and sure, money is motivating, but along the way, as I felt better, my health became the prize. Find your reason, and if you need to, go stand in front of the mirror, turn off the cell, the laptop and TV and just find your reason. Be raw, real and write it down. In some cases your “Why” may make you cry.
2. Set a Goal. As much as you don’t like the scale, or tape measures, it’s imperative for you to know your starting point. Get a pad or journal, write down your weight and measurements and ask yourself, what a real measurable goal is. Telling your best friend that you want to look good in a dress is great, but that doesn’t really give you a tracking progress. Name your goal. Is it 20lbs? 30lbs? Pick your number, pick a date, write it down and begin manifesting that goal.
3. Pick your plan. What do you like to do? Lift weights, ride a bike, run? Find your passion again and if you don’t have one, then start here: Ask yourself what is mostly holding you back from working out. Is it a busy schedule? Is it injuries? Is it time scarcity? Find this answer and then apply it. When you find a workout that works for your schedule and works for your goal and happiness, then you will likely have more success than a plan you don’t like and are just doing it to get through the workout. I like to do a lot of different things, from being outside, to classes, and my favorite is banging out a quick one at home. If you need helping picking a plan, I can help you with most anything.
4. What are you willing to give up? In order to get healthy, you will likely need to give up some things. Make a list of all the things that ‘keep you unhealthy’ and reprioritize. Is it junk food around the house that can be removed? Is it friendships that support bad habits? Is it bad time management? What things are sabotaging your goals? Make a list of what you need to change in your daily, weekly, or weekend life; and yes, you may have to let some lunch buddies, or friendships go, for a while. It’s not because you don’t love them, it’s because you love yourself enough to get healthy and you need to get stronger and learn how to say no sometimes.
5. Figure out what got you here and make peace with it. We all have times in our lives that we gain weight. It may be a new relationship and you kind of let yourself slide. It may be the ending of a relationship and you turned to food or drinks for comfort. It may have been a death, job loss, the birth of a baby, in any case, make peace with what happened and work to turn it around so that you are not continuing on a self-defeating path. Chances are likely, you know how you gained weight and you just need to make peace with it and let it go, so that you can grow.
6. Perfection. Let go of the perfectionist syndrome. Many people will analyze a program a to death, and try to control the plan, before they even start. Perfectionism is often what keeps you stuck. You paralyze yourself with an overwhelming perfect ‘set up for weight loss’, when all it is, is a perfect set up for failure. Know that there will be days that you nail it, and there will be days that you struggle, but as long as you are making the choices to support your goals each and every day, you are one step closer to that goal. Don’t throw in the towel over one mistake or one pound, get over it and keep moving forward.
7. Find some Fun. Find a 5K, 10K, a Tough Mudder, a Muddy Buddy. These are great ways to stay on track. Shoot for mini goals along the way. All this training can be not only targeting weight loss, but it’s pretty darn exhilarating to cross a finish line. Getting a medal is like getting when you got a ribbon in grade school. Some of us liked the ribbon more; it’s a sign of accomplishment and a tangible pat on the back. And when you shift your focus to a fun sporting event, rather than yourself, you’ll be surprised at ‘how fast’ you lost weight.
8. Find a Support Group. Yes a weight loss support group! People who take on life change need Coaches, friends, and people in their lives that are on the same path. It’s what keeps you strong when the mind starts working against you. I can’t tell you how many times I have picked up a phone and called a friend walk me off a ledge, and by the time I hung up BOOM, I was hitting my workout hard. Think of it like AA. People there are trying to get healthy and they need support. And being around like minded individuals keeps them strong. Even after doing this for years, I still need and count on my accountability people. That is what support does, it keeps you strong. And, that is what I do, Coach, people like you, who just want to lose weight and keep it off forever.
I hope this helps you become a better player in your fitness game. I have played the game and been up and down the scale, pregnant, injured, depressed, very overweight, in my best fit range for many years now, our games may be different, but we are all playing to win.
And I hope that this helps you feel okay with where you are and encourages you to maybe take that next step.
What you get is a simple menu, shopping list, recipes. You commit to exercise every day for 20 minutes, at home, no equipment necessary, or in the gym if you prefer, and you connect daily in a private FB group.
* Only whole foods (mainly things that were once alive) • No soda • No sugar, not even artificial sugar • No dairy • No white stuff • No fried foods • Small portions (5 mini meals throughout the day) * Lots of water
There is plenty of food, and when you follow the plan you will get results. Challengers in the past lose an average of 3.5 lbs. Some even more.
I assure you, following the plan will reduce your cravings, kick start your metabolism, and give you confidence.
You can repeat as often as you like. As this is the food/life style that will give you sustainable results.
Follow a 5 day menu, exercise and join our private accountability group on Facebook. The 5 Day Melt Down gets results.
Here is what you will get:
* 5 day menu plan
* Workout coaching
* Fitness and nutrition tips and advice
* Private FB page to connect with other challengers
* Free Coaching and Support from me Vera Knight.
[gravityform id=”2″ name=”Register for the Fit Mama 50 Challenge”]
And while you’re waiting for a response back from me, add me as your FREE Coach and browse through our Challenge Packs. Make note of which challenge pack you like, we can discuss the best one for you when we follow up with you.