I admit, I’m a fairly new convert to Intermittent Fasting, and I will never go back to the way I was before.
For many years I was a breakfast eating, 5 mini meal a day kind of girl. I preached that mindset for the first 18 and a half years of my of my fitness career.
I taught my clients they must eat breakfast with in 45 minutes of waking, followed with mini meals all day. I bragged that I ate at 7am, 10, 1, 4, & 7pm Each meal at about 300 calories, equaling 1500 for the day. Phew! It seemed like all I did was think about food, what I was eating, when my next meal was, and of course how many calories….. Food consumed me
My husband thought I was crazy, and my friends thought it easy for me. You know, being a fitness pro and all… The truth is eating 5 mini meals a day is exhausting! A lot goes into it, and I was sick of it. And, and I was not getting the results I felt I should get because of it. I was often frustrated, rushed, tired, hungry, etc… I was so deeply entrenched in the diet industry, and just believed that it was me, I had to work harder, keep doing, let my body adjust, blah, blah, blah…. WRONG!!
Enter Intermittent Fasting. IF changed all of that. I decided to experiment with it, and was shocked with my results. I dragged a few of my closest friends into a program with me, learned all I could about the science of it, and before I knew it…. we are all experiencing success. Listen, the body is an incredible machine, and knows just how to operate. All we have to do is give it the right stuff so it can do it’s job. Turns out the right stuff is not necessarily constant calories from morning till night.
What is Intermittent fasting? First what it is not…. it is not skipping breakfast in an effort to eat fewer calories. That backfires. Most people who skip meals get so hungry that they eat anything. Eating to eat because you’re starving, often leads to way to many calories that have no real nutritional value and definitely no staying power. FAIL
Intermittent fasting IS a strategically timed eating pattern where you consume all of your calories, in the right macros (carbs, protein, fats) in a shortened feeding window. It’s really rather simple when you think about it. Your body responds because it is being satisfied with enough food. Intermittent fasting is not low calorie, or deprivation. It is quite the opposite. When you lengthen the time span between your last meal of the day and your first the next day, you put your body into a fat burning state. But.. and this is a big but; you have to eat enough!
My clients practice an All Foods Fit approach along with Carb Cycling, and Intermittent Fasting to get the sustainable win.
Like I said the body is an incredible machine, and with the right fuel it will burn fat and preserve muscle. You will have more energy, less sugar cravings, sleep better, get off certain meds, and you will lose fat! Learning to use intermittent fasting is a process. My clients usually get it in about 3 weeks. And once they do, an explosion of FREEOM happens.
My next Food Freedom program begins on June 19. Join here
If you are ready to break free from the diet mindset, and become a great player in winnable game, I’m your coach!
Thank you so much for your interest in my Food Freedom Faster Way to Fat Loss program! This is hands down, the most effective program you will ever complete. I want you to feel amazing 365 days a year!
I am extending 2016 pricing to all NEW clients in 2017.
If you been thinking about those New Year Resolutions and know that you want to do something, but you just can’t commit during the holiday season. I understand. If you have decided that mini meals, calorie restriction, and crazy exercise schedule is not something you are willing to try again. This program is for you. We will be focused on fueling properly, and by that I mean eating enough food, and moving our bodies. I will educate you regarding eating the foods you love and exercise smarter not harder. Your body revs up and becomes a fat burning machine.
My mission is to help you lose weight, live a Food Freedom lifestyle, and feel great about accomplishing your goals. My clients are experiencing incredible results with an average of one whole dress size down in just 6 weeks. In addition to weight loss, my clients are reporting far more energy, less anxiety, more control over their food choices and mood, better sleep, and much more!Read what my clients are saying about this new program.
The January Food Freedom Faster Way to Fat Loss begins on Jan. 9th. The bonus prep days begins Jan. 4th. You will be added to a group to learn the meal plan details, workout routine, and pertinent information. The online program includes a focus on carb cycling, intermittent fasting, nutrition education, and 5 days per week of movement.
What can you expect from this new program?
•Convenient 6-week program that fits your busy schedule
•Accountability and a supportive approach that keeps you on track to accomplish your goal
•Affordable package option that is among the lowest cost option you’ll find
•The focus, quality, intensity, and commitment you’d expect from me, a trainer with 20+ years of success!
•FREE access to me to answer your all your specific questions
•FREE copy of a cutting edge book from my mentor and leading carb cycling expert
Here’s how it works:
•Six week training program starting Jan. 9, 2017
•You will be given a grocery list with a list of approved and unapproved foods.
•Clients will be expected to follow a 5 day per week workout plan that includes written workouts and hyperlinked videos.
•Exercises will be appropriate for all levels with modified options for beginners.
•Participants will be required to pay in advance.
•Participants will be required to log in their food with MyFitnessPal and do daily checkin’s with me via the private FB group.
•This is the last time the program will be offered at the introductory price of $159.
•Please register and pay for the training program below before Dec. 11th to lock in this rate .
•After you register, we will schedule a personal Get to Know Each Other & Strategy call. Payment (in full) is due prior to the start of the program. Please let me know if you have any questions at all!
I will be accepting the first 25 registrants
I am ready to make this the healthiest 6 weeks of my life!
Thank you so much for your interest in my carb cycling online training program! This is hands down, the most effective program you will ever complete.
Your satisfaction is my guarantee, or your money back.
If you’ve been eating clean and exercising consistently without results, this program is your solution. We will be focused on fueling and moving our bodies. I will educate you regarding eating the foods you love and exercise so your body reeves up and becomes a fat burning machine.
My mission is to help you lose weight, create a healthy life, and feel great about accomplishing your goals. My clients are experiencing incredible results with an average of one whole dress size down in just 4 weeks. In addition to weight loss, my clients are reporting far more energy, less anxiety, more control over their food choices and mood, and much more! Read what my clients are saying about this new program.
The next round of the carb cycling and intermittent fasting program will start on October 3th. You will be added to a group to learn the meal plan details, workout routine, and pertinent information. The online program includes a focus on goal setting, carb cycling, intermittent fasting, nutrition education, and 5 days per week of movement.
What can you expect from this new program?
Convenient 6-week program that fits your busy schedule
Accountability and a supportive approach that keeps you on track to accomplish your goal
Affordable package option that is among the lowest cost option you’ll find
The focus, quality, intensity, and commitment you’d expect from me, a trainer with 20+ years of success!
FREE access to me to answer your specific questions
FREE copy of a cutting edge book
Here’s how it works:
Six week training program starting Oct. 3, 2016
You will be given a grocery list with a list of approved an unapproved foods.
Clients will be expected to follow a 5 day per week workout plan that includes written workouts and hyperlinked videos.
Exercises will be appropriate for all levels with modified options for beginners.
Participants will be required to pay in advance.
Participants will be required to log in their food with MyFitnessPal and do daily checkin’s with me via the private FB group.
The price for the program is $199. This is the last time the program will be offered at the introductory price of $159.
Please register and pay for the training program below.
After you register, we will schedule a personal Get to Know Each Other & Strategy call. Payment (in full) is due prior to the start of the program. Please let me know if you have any questions at all!
I will be accepting the first 15 registrants
I am ready to make this the healthiest 6 weeks of my life!
In the beginning the reason may be you have a reunion or vacation or a big event, and thats OK. What ever gets the ball rolling serves the purpose. But eventually, as you get stronger and endorphins kick in, and your getting results, your reason can change. And it can help keep you anchored to your goals, and lifelong fitness dreams. I have personally entered contests that offered money to lose weight and sure, money is motivating, but along the way, as I felt better, my health became the prize. Find your reason, and if you need to, go stand in front of the mirror, turn off the cell, the laptop and TV and just find your reason. Be raw, real and write it down. In some cases your “Why” may make you cry.
2. Set a Goal. As much as you don’t like the scale, or tape measures, it’s imperative for you to know your starting point. Get a pad or journal, write down your weight and measurements and ask yourself, what a real measurable goal is. Telling your best friend that you want to look good in a dress is great, but that doesn’t really give you a tracking progress. Name your goal. Is it 20lbs? 30lbs? Pick your number, pick a date, write it down and begin manifesting that goal.
3. Pick your plan. What do you like to do? Lift weights, ride a bike, run? Find your passion again and if you don’t have one, then start here: Ask yourself what is mostly holding you back from working out. Is it a busy schedule? Is it injuries? Is it time scarcity? Find this answer and then apply it. When you find a workout that works for your schedule and works for your goal and happiness, then you will likely have more success than a plan you don’t like and are just doing it to get through the workout. I like to do a lot of different things, from being outside, to classes, and my favorite is banging out a quick one at home. If you need helping picking a plan, I can help you with most anything.
4. What are you willing to give up? In order to get healthy, you will likely need to give up some things. Make a list of all the things that ‘keep you unhealthy’ and reprioritize. Is it junk food around the house that can be removed? Is it friendships that support bad habits? Is it bad time management? What things are sabotaging your goals? Make a list of what you need to change in your daily, weekly, or weekend life; and yes, you may have to let some lunch buddies, or friendships go, for a while. It’s not because you don’t love them, it’s because you love yourself enough to get healthy and you need to get stronger and learn how to say no sometimes.
5. Figure out what got you here and make peace with it. We all have times in our lives that we gain weight. It may be a new relationship and you kind of let yourself slide. It may be the ending of a relationship and you turned to food or drinks for comfort. It may have been a death, job loss, the birth of a baby, in any case, make peace with what happened and work to turn it around so that you are not continuing on a self-defeating path. Chances are likely, you know how you gained weight and you just need to make peace with it and let it go, so that you can grow.
6. Perfection. Let go of the perfectionist syndrome. Many people will analyze a program a to death, and try to control the plan, before they even start. Perfectionism is often what keeps you stuck. You paralyze yourself with an overwhelming perfect ‘set up for weight loss’, when all it is, is a perfect set up for failure. Know that there will be days that you nail it, and there will be days that you struggle, but as long as you are making the choices to support your goals each and every day, you are one step closer to that goal. Don’t throw in the towel over one mistake or one pound, get over it and keep moving forward.
7. Find some Fun. Find a 5K, 10K, a Tough Mudder, a Muddy Buddy. These are great ways to stay on track. Shoot for mini goals along the way. All this training can be not only targeting weight loss, but it’s pretty darn exhilarating to cross a finish line. Getting a medal is like getting when you got a ribbon in grade school. Some of us liked the ribbon more; it’s a sign of accomplishment and a tangible pat on the back. And when you shift your focus to a fun sporting event, rather than yourself, you’ll be surprised at ‘how fast’ you lost weight.
8. Find a Support Group. Yes a weight loss support group! People who take on life change need Coaches, friends, and people in their lives that are on the same path. It’s what keeps you strong when the mind starts working against you. I can’t tell you how many times I have picked up a phone and called a friend walk me off a ledge, and by the time I hung up BOOM, I was hitting my workout hard. Think of it like AA. People there are trying to get healthy and they need support. And being around like minded individuals keeps them strong. Even after doing this for years, I still need and count on my accountability people. That is what support does, it keeps you strong. And, that is what I do, Coach, people like you, who just want to lose weight and keep it off forever.
I hope this helps you become a better player in your fitness game. I have played the game and been up and down the scale, pregnant, injured, depressed, very overweight, in my best fit range for many years now, our games may be different, but we are all playing to win.
And I hope that this helps you feel okay with where you are and encourages you to maybe take that next step.
Lets be honest… the Holiday season is upon us. For me that means parties, dinners, eggplant parmesan, butter cookies, eggnog, and making everyones favorites…the list is long.
Most of the time people get completely caught up and give up on maintaining any sort of fitness goals during the holidays, or WORSE, they spend the entire holiday season feeling guilty, fat, bad about themselves, and just waiting for the New Year to come so they can start FRESH… Guilt at the expense of ENJOYING the season!
Fads, diets, trends, cleanses, starvation, etc.. NONE of them work. What does work is REAL, SUSTAINABLE solutions, aka: LIFESYLE
Now is not the time to go on a strict diet and try to not eat grandmas pie…. That will only leave you stuffing that desire with a bunch of other crap, until you say screw it. I know, I’ve been there before, and yea, I put ON weight.
I went ON and OFF every “diet” I ever went on. The holidays are part of life. What you need is a Balanced and sustainable solution to YOUR specific situation, needs, goals, desires, etc….
You know exactly what your weaknesses are, where you slip up, and if you’re like me, you know going in to certain situations what is going to happen, even when you try telling yourself, you’re not going to have any of Aunt Sally’s special Christmas cake.
Instead of feeling guilty, beating yourself up, and throwing in the towel, how about we make it work FOR you? What if you could enjoy your holiday parties, holiday treats, a cocktail or 2 (or 3) and STILL stay on track and LOSE weight? Would that be something you’re up for trying?
I’ve been living this lifestyle for years. I do not gain weight over the holidays anymore. I’m going to tell you, and help you do the same! I’ve decided to start a very special small group on December 1st. only about 20 people, very detailed, and very specific to the holiday season.
So don’t put your skinny jeans away for the winter just yet!
Register for the 21 Day Christmas Fit Challenge
[gravityform id=”12″ name=”Christmas Fit Challenge”]
What you get is a simple menu, shopping list, recipes. You commit to exercise every day for 20 minutes, at home, no equipment necessary, or in the gym if you prefer, and you connect daily in a private FB group.
* Only whole foods (mainly things that were once alive) • No soda • No sugar, not even artificial sugar • No dairy • No white stuff • No fried foods • Small portions (5 mini meals throughout the day) * Lots of water
There is plenty of food, and when you follow the plan you will get results. Challengers in the past lose an average of 3.5 lbs. Some even more.
I assure you, following the plan will reduce your cravings, kick start your metabolism, and give you confidence.
You can repeat as often as you like. As this is the food/life style that will give you sustainable results.
The biggest buzz to hit the fitness world is happening now. This is a program that is created by Fitness trainer and expert Tony Horton. You may also know him from workouts like P90X, and the 10 minute trainer. He has created some world class extreme home fitness programs. But something is missing! There are people out there that can’t or don’t want to do extreme home fitness but they literally just want to get started.
Maybe you haven’t worked out in years and you want to get back into this healthy lifestyle. So Tony created a program JUST FOR YOU! Take the extreme out of your vocabulary because this program is just what you need!
No matter what your age or ability level you can complete P90. It is a 90 day home fitness program that gradually increases in intensity as YOU become fitter and stronger.
You do not have to go to the EXTREME to get extreme results.
Why is P90 Effective?
Well P90 using a training system called sectional progression. Tony eases you into a variety of cardio, strength, and stability moves that work the back, shoulders, chest, biceps, triceps,
and legs—and every move helps strengthen and flatten the abs. These routines don’t get harder until you’re ready for the next challenge. Then, just when you’ve mastered those moves, he ups the ante a little more. These 10 new P90 workouts are arranged in 3 Progressive Phases. Each new phase of P90 is designed to gradually ease your body past its old limits. So after 30 days of P90, you’re leaner and more solid; after 60 days, you’re seeing muscles you’ve never noticed before; and by Day 90 you can finally have that lean, strong body you could once only dream about.
Who is P90 for?
Fitness rookies- those just wanting to get started.
People who used to be in shape but got side tracked over time
People with past injuries who want a low impact effective workout.
People who would like to do a Tony Horton workout but cannot go extreme.
Power 90 lovers- this is your new revamped, new moves version.
People who have done P90X, X2 or X3 and want to maintain their results.
What’s the benefits?
10 workouts on 4 DVDs : Each of P90’s 3 progressive phases are designed to
gradually ease your body past its old limits. So after 30 days of P90, you’re leaner and more solid; after 60 days, you’re seeing muscles you’ve never noticed before, and by Day 90 you can finally have that lean, strong body you could once only dream about. The workouts are anywhere from 25-45 minutes long.
Simple Kitchen Nutrition Guide: No complicated shopping lists. No calorie counting.
Just everything you’ll need to put together 90 days of healthy meals you’ll love to eat.
4 Step Power Plan: Do these four things on Day One, and you’ll dramatically
increase your chances of success. Think of them as Tony’s Golden Rules for getting AMAZING results.
Resistance Band: Forget buying weights! You won’t believe all the ways Tony sculpts your body by adding this easy-to-carry tool to your moves. Looks simple . . . but it’s pure workout power!
6 Day Shred: Want REAL results in a hurry? You won’t have to wait long with this FREE Bonus Gift. See why we call it the Fastest Body Transformation Ever Created!
90 Day Workout Calendar: The secret behind P90 isn’t just the workouts—it’s doing them in the right order. Cross off every day as you get closer to the body you really want.
How Much Space do I need: You only need enough space to step from side to side.